(Junior) Project engineer
WIND – Alkmaar – 40 hours
We are currently seeking an executive Project Engineer to join our operations department. As a Project Engineer, you, along with a small team, will be responsible for all aspects of a logistics, storage or transport and transhipment project of subsea cables. You will be required to think along with the commercial department during the quotation phase, after which you will prepare and execute the project, with an eye on safety, quality, efficiency, costs and service. You will be a driving force and the “spider in the web” in the development and implementation of our projects. During the execution of a project, you will be the link between the customer and subcontractors on site. After a thorough training period, you will carry out projects independently.
The range of tasks you will perform includes:
- Devising and executing international cable transport, storage and transhipment projects;
- Drawing up technical proposals in support of commercial offers;
- Drafting project documentation, such as drawings, schedules, risk analyses and load-out plans;
- Operational point of contact for the client, suppliers and third parties;
- Appointing and managing subcontractors;
- Drawing up project and personnel plans;
- Maintaining project administration and finances;
- Coordinating planning, maintenance and equipment certification;
- Coordinating logistics processes
- A varied function with room for creativity and personal input;
- Different work locations in Alkmaar, Velsen-Noord, at home or at the project location itself (both in the Netherlands and abroad);
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions, pension scheme, health insurance premium contribution, profit scheme;
- Laptop, mobile phone, full public transport allowance;
- Challenging projects at worldwide locations, but also at our yard in Velsen-Noord;
- Working in an international environment;
- Opportunities to grow into, for example, Project Manager or other departments within our company, such as Sales;
- Room for personal development, for example following courses and training;
- Full-time employment contract (40 hours).
- A university level education;
- Affinity with shipping and technology; (sailing time is a plus)
- A strong sense of responsibility, you can set the right priorities and are accurate and careful;
- Smooth dealings with customers, subcontractors and colleagues;
- Ability with Microsoft Office,
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Must be permitted to live and work in the Netherlands;
- Willingness to travel regularly and to stay abroad for certain periods of time;
- Ability to manage an (international) team of employees;
- Flexibility, practicality and inventiveness;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Possession of driving license B.
WIND is a shipping company specialising in logistics services to the subsea cable industry. From its office in Alkmaar, WIND provides worldwide transport, storage and recovery of (subsea) cables, partly with its own vessels.
We would like to refer you to our website www.WIND.nl for a further introduction to WIND.
Candidates are requested to send a motivation letter plus CV to the e-mail address: Michiel@wind.nl for the attention of Michiel Meulmeester
Acquisition is not appreciated.