WIND – Alkmaar – 40 hours
Within the WIND business unit ‘Cable Recovery’, you and the other Superintendents are the point of contact for the three cable recovery vessels from our office in the heart of Alkmaar.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that our ships continue to sail! You do this by keeping them in good technical condition at all times, ensuring that the certificates are in order, and that our crew continues to work safely and satisfactorily. You also ensure that there are sufficient technical resources on board. In addition, you help to improve our ship processes in the fields of safety, technicality and efficiency.
- you are enthusiastic and a go-getter;
- you are solution-oriented;
- when necessary, you have an eye for detail, for example with documentation;
- you have a high sense of responsibility;
- you can work both independently and in a team;
- you know how to keep calm during major projects;
- you are organised and you work systematically;
- you have strong communication skills;
- you like to travel; our projects don’t always take place locally;
- you have preferably completed a technical education at Bachelor level;
- several years of experience at sea is an advantage;
- you have a high level of both spoken and written English;
- you must be permitted to live and work in the Netherlands
- you are in possession of driving license B (cars up to 3500kg).
What we offer:
- a nice job with a head office located in the heart of Alkmaar;
- a challenging role with regular travel to exciting destinations, for which you will receive an allowance;
- full time job (40 hours per week);
- a salary adapted to your experience and knowledge;
- informal working atmosphere with motivated colleagues;
- interesting and challenging projects;
- access to a fast-growing company;
- good terms and conditions; pension scheme, health insurance contribution, profit scheme, company laptop and mobile and full public transport reimbursement;
- you will be working in a department with a flexible attitude;
- you quickly see the results of your work;
- there is room for personal contribution and self-development;
- a varied job and a wide variety of activities.
WIND Cable Recovery
Recovering out of service cables from the seabed is the most important task of the WIND Cable Recovery department. These cables are then recycled by our partner Mertech Marine. The reuse of high-quality materials from the cables contributes to a cleaner environment and a more sustainable economy.
WIND is an open organisation where flexibility is very important. There are plenty of opportunities for further growth within WIND. We find a good work-life balance important and regularly organise outings, participate in local sports events and have drinks together. It’s not for nothing that our main entrance looks more like a pub than an office.
If you recognise yourself in the above profile, we would like to meet you. Send your CV with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further substantive information about the position, please contact Jasper Romp, Tel: +31 6 29 72 12 89
Acquisition is not appreciated.