WIND – Alkmaar – 40 hours
Do you want to contribute to the global energy transition and work with a motivated team on challenging projects? Then an Engineering Manager role at WIND might be what you’re looking for.
WIND offers complete solutions for the transport, handling and storage of submarine electricity cables for the offshore wind industry as well as fibre optic cables. WIND is growing, and in addition to its locations in the Netherlands, it also has permanent locations in Taiwan, the US, and other places. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of Project Engineers to support our Operational team.
Your role and the team
As an Engineering Manager you work in the operations pool of the WIND Cable Services department. You manage a team of Project Engineers and are ultimately responsible for the preparation of projects in which electricity cables are transhipped to and from the quay before being transported by ship to offshore wind farms. You oversee the engineering of the projects that are being prepared. You have a team of Project Engineers and experienced Project Managers to support you.
Amongst other things, Project Engineers ensure that the working procedures, working drawings and risk analyses are delivered to customers and other stakeholders. In consultation with the Operations Manager, you determine which projects have priority and schedule the Project Engineers. You support Project Engineers, training new ones thoroughly in their role.
You work from the Netherlands, but if a project needs it and you are willing, in consultation, it may be possible to support the project for a short period at one of our project locations worldwide.
Your responsibilities and duties:
- Overseeing the project engineering of the WIND Cable Services department, determining the most appropriate technical solution and methodologies from a technical, commercial and safety perspective.
- You prioritise the workload and schedule Project Engineers.
- You monitor the quality of the engineering company-wide.
- You ensure that Project Engineers deliver the work preparation approved and on time.
- You identify risks and complications, aiming to limit them by taking whatever measures may be necessary.
- You evaluate the engineering together with the project teams and identify opportunities for improvement, implementing ‘lessons learned’ company-wide.
- You train new Project Engineers.
What we look for in you
- You have a university level education and thinking level with a relevant technical background.
- You have demonstrable experience in managing a team of engineers.
- You have a good command of the English language, both speaking and writing.
- You are solution-oriented and have sharp analytical skills.
- You are flexible, in the sense that you can adjust your own behaviour, approach or working method in order to achieve a set goal.
- You can work independently, are comfortable with responsibility and you sound the alarm in time if necessary.
- You are assertive and can speak convincingly to customers and stakeholders.
- You have a good understanding of the interests, challenges and risks associated with working in the offshore industry.
- Must be permitted to live and work in the Netherlands
What we offer
- A job where you work alternately at our head office in the heart of Alkmaar or at the office at our Cable storage yard in Velsen-Noord. We also offer the option to work from home.
- Working in an open, accessible business environment with a team of motivated colleagues.
- A thorough induction programme and a senior engineer as a ‘buddy’ so that you can easily find your way within the company.
- Full-time employment based on a 40-hour working week.
- A salary adjusted on the basis of your experience and capabilities.
- 8% holiday allowance, 25 holiday days, travel allowance and a variable bonus depending on company results, among other things;
- Supplementary allowances for working abroad.
- A temporary employment contract of 1 year, which can be extended in case of mutual satisfaction.
- Entry into a growing organisation. A fresh perspective on the development of our company, and initiatives to make it better are always welcome.
Through a unique combination of expertise, ships and equipment, WIND offers solution-oriented services for the transport, transhipment and storage of submarine electricity cables for the offshore wind industry, as well as telecommunication cables.
WIND is an open organisation in which flexibility is of paramount importance. There are plenty of opportunities to grow within WIND, for example to develop yourself further as a Project Manager, but feel free to follow your own path within the needs of the company.
We think it is important that, in addition to work, we can also relax with colleagues, so we regularly organise joint outings, participate in local sports events, and of course we regularly have drinks. It is not for nothing that the entrance to our head office looks more like a pub than an office.
We would like to refer you to our website www.WIND.nl for a further introduction to WIND.
Candidates are requested to send a motivation letter plus CV to the e-mail address: Michiel@wind.nl for the attention of Michiel Meulmeester
Acquisition is not appreciated.
“Cable recovery and recycling is a business with sustainability its core.”
WIND provides full-service solutions for transport, handling and storage of subsea cables and flexibles, and cable recovery of subsea telecommunication cables. Contact us to find out what we can do for you.